Recent Forum Posts
From categories:
page 1 of 212next »
Re: Calindra
morganpetemorganpete 18 Nov 2010 21:41
in discussion Hidden / Per page discussions » 11-05-10

"Oh, yes! I would be quite interested in seeing that ward," she says excitedly as she hoists her pack.
"From your account on how many demons you fought, the ward would have to be very powerful. I wonder how long it was sealed…"
She thinks for a moment, adding numbers in her head, then snaps back into the conversation, "Oh, the amulet?" she says, lifting the gem from her bosom, "Its an abyssal eye amulet. They're quite common in St. Balthas. Very handy in dealing with the demon hordes from Ckalle. If you concentrate on it, it tells you the direction of the nearest demon and its type; mezzoloth, canoloth, dretch, whathaveyou, as long as they're within 1 mile."

Re: Calindra by morganpetemorganpete, 18 Nov 2010 21:41
Re: Calindra
Rich GrayRich Gray 18 Nov 2010 20:51
in discussion Hidden / Per page discussions » 11-05-10

"That is most definitely a possibility, Miss Calindra. As I recall, there was some sort of ward we had to deface in order to eliminate one of the traps. I suppose it's possible that was blocking your readings. Perhaps we should head to the Tower of Waiting and give it another inspection. And while we're walking, could you tell me more about that fascinating amulet?"

Re: Calindra by Rich GrayRich Gray, 18 Nov 2010 20:51
Re: Calindra
morganpetemorganpete 18 Nov 2010 20:08
in discussion Hidden / Per page discussions » 11-05-10

"Hmm…" she thinks to herself, twirling some of her blonde hair in her fingers, "No, I don't think so. From Brother Cassius's descriptions they were most definitely demons, and apparently infused with some power from the Shadowfell."
She digs a large tome from her pack and flips through its pages, "Yes, here it is, 'Rupture Demons, Evistros, Barlguras, Dretches. Definitely demons," She says as she slams the book. "Was there a ward in place? Perhaps that could have blocking my reading…"

Re: Calindra by morganpetemorganpete, 18 Nov 2010 20:08
Re: Calindra
Karsustk421Karsustk421 18 Nov 2010 19:33
in discussion Hidden / Per page discussions » 11-05-10

Helios joins the conversation and chimes in: "Perhaps, the fiends in the tower were in fact devils and not demons at all?"

Re: Calindra by Karsustk421Karsustk421, 18 Nov 2010 19:33
Re: Calindra
morganpetemorganpete 18 Nov 2010 03:32
in discussion Hidden / Per page discussions » 11-05-10

She looks a bit crestfallen at the news, "Oh my. Well, I'm sure the samples won't be any good after so long. No worries. I have heard rumors of cult activity out in the Gardsburry Downs. Where there are cults there are usually demons."
She digs through her rather large pack and produces a red octahedral gem on a chain. In the center of the gem appears to be a jet black eye. "As soon as I'm close I should be able to sense them with this," she pauses, "funny… I didn't sense the demons in your tower when I arrived earlier this week…"

Re: Calindra by morganpetemorganpete, 18 Nov 2010 03:32
Re: Calindra
Rich GrayRich Gray 17 Nov 2010 15:37
in discussion Hidden / Per page discussions » 11-05-10

Cassius seems a bit confused for a second, but recovers.

"Ah yes, Miss Calindra. You speak of the abominations we uncovered within the Tower. Well, I must apologize, as we were entirely too caught up with destroying the vile abominations to properly preserve any of them. However, I should think it quite alright for you to take whatever samples you can from what's left of their corpses. But I should warn you, it may be a revolting sight."

Re: Calindra by Rich GrayRich Gray, 17 Nov 2010 15:37
Calindra
morganpetemorganpete 16 Nov 2010 17:44
in discussion Hidden / Per page discussions » 11-05-10

As the PCs exit Moonstone Keep, they encounter a familiar young woman. The bespectacled Calindra (the demonologist the group met before their excursion into the tower of waiting) approaches the group, "It is good to see you all again. It's been a rather exciting few days. Did you manage to get any samples for me?" she asks expectantly.

Calindra by morganpetemorganpete, 16 Nov 2010 17:44
Roll of Days
morganpetemorganpete 13 May 2009 23:40
in discussion Hidden / Per page discussions » 4 26 09

Voodoo gladly takes an advance flanking position along with Hadarai. Akriel hangs back a short distance, incase of enemies approaching from the rear, while Cassius Benjaar and Olan travel the main road with little attempt at stealth.

Thankfully, the storm clouds veer north to release their fury. Though you still get a small amount of rain toward the evening. The day otherwise passes without incident.

The evenings watch is likewise calm, and (assuming no one wants to do anything else during the trip) the northern gates of Fallcrest soon greet your eyes around noon the next day.

Roll of Days by morganpetemorganpete, 13 May 2009 23:40
Re: The Road
Rich GrayRich Gray 13 May 2009 16:32
in discussion Hidden / Per page discussions » 4 26 09

Cassius smiles at Benjaar. "We have a long ways to walk yet. Until we get to town, perhaps it's a better idea for the head to travel on my Disk. Once we're back at Fallcrest, and if we decide not to pursue stealth, then I certainly have no problem with you carrying your trophy."

Re: The Road by Rich GrayRich Gray, 13 May 2009 16:32
Re: The Road
jjkovojjkovo 13 May 2009 00:37
in discussion Hidden / Per page discussions » 4 26 09

"Hadarai, brilliant idea. Perhaps you and Voodoo can run up each side of the road ahead of the group, concealed of course. You can warn us of any potential ambushes or unscrupulous looking fellas. Akriel can cover us from behind to make sure nobody tracks our steps."

After expressing his thoughts, Benjaar takes a moment to make sure all of his gear is in order. Pulling his dagger from his belt, he notches the handle of his Axe, just below the first mark he made a few days back.

"Humph! Two Dragons dead, two notches. Cassius my friend, you think I could carry our latest head into town like I did last time? Or will we be going for less showmanship this time?"

Re: The Road by jjkovojjkovo, 13 May 2009 00:37
Re: The Road
KillyddKillydd 12 May 2009 21:21
in discussion Hidden / Per page discussions » 4 26 09

Hadarai contemplates the day ahead. "Do we suspect ambush? it may be better if some of us do not take the road and watch for any that might try to take revenge on our way back. Ambush any ambushers, like we did to that last group."

Re: The Road by KillyddKillydd, 12 May 2009 21:21
Re: The Road
Rich GrayRich Gray 12 May 2009 17:37
in discussion Hidden / Per page discussions » 4 26 09

Cassius changes out of the leather armor and puts on the new set of Astral Fire Armor. (Note, his AC is now 20). Additionally, he wields the Medic's Mace and pulls a Light Shield from the Bag of Holding, though he is not trained in shields.

He also takes a minute to refresh the Tenser's Ritual holding the green dragon head.

Re: The Road by Rich GrayRich Gray, 12 May 2009 17:37
The Road
morganpetemorganpete 11 May 2009 23:53
in discussion Hidden / Per page discussions » 4 26 09

The evening passes without incident. The elves' trances went uninterrupted. As dawn's light crests the Dawnforge Mountains it soon disappears again behind dark clouds. A strong summer storm looks to be approaching.

<Voodoo to group>
"We best move quickly and soon. Those clouds bode ill for our travels."
He quickly breaks camp and helps pack belongings. Once prepared he shifts into wolf-form and leads the way back to the road.

GM:Is anyone going to do anything before leaving?

The Road by morganpetemorganpete, 11 May 2009 23:53

Olan prepares his Animal Messenger ritual, and rolls a 27 for his check.
Olan searches the boughs of the nearby trees until he spots an owl. You hear Olan whisper a short message to the nocturnal bird,
"Lord Markelhay, we have completed your quest. We shall return to Fallcrest in three days. Caution. We suspect the bandits received their orders from Fallcrest."
After he utters the last word the owl takes flight, in a straight line toward the city.
"Twelve hours should be more than enough time for a bird to fly to the city," muses the wizard.

Re: Making Camp by morganpetemorganpete, 06 May 2009 18:15
Re: Making Camp
jjkovojjkovo 05 May 2009 22:15
in discussion Hidden / Per page discussions » 4 26 09

Piecing together what Cassius is saying, Benjaar returns the smile…

"And that is why I am the muscle and you are the brains. Brilliant plan little buddy, now can I sleep?"

Re: Making Camp by jjkovojjkovo, 05 May 2009 22:15
Re: Making Camp
Rich GrayRich Gray 05 May 2009 21:42
in discussion Hidden / Per page discussions » 4 26 09

Cassius looks at Benjaar for a moment, then slowly nods.

"If Marklehay himself is in on it, he either underestimated our abilities or overestimated those of his cohorts. It wouldn't make sense for him to send us out here to eliminate the goblin threat without making sure to have us killed.

"The Dragon Queen's followers likely know about Isti-Zar's death, and whether they make a move or not, if Marklehay is prepared he may minimize his losses. Worst case, Her followers set an ambush for us on the road." Cassius pulls out the set of Astral Fire Armor and shakes it loose. In the dying sunlight the silvery links glisten and, briefly, flicker with Divine Power. "I'd risk that to save the lives of innocents."

Cassius scratches his chin briefly, considers something, then turns to Olan. "My opinion is that we tell Marklehay we've completed our objective, that we shall return to Fallcrest in three days, and warn him of the possible conspiracy."

He turns to Benjaar and lets out a slow smile. "And won't the Dragon Queen's followers be surprised when we sneak into town a day early?"

Re: Making Camp by Rich GrayRich Gray, 05 May 2009 21:42
Re: Making Camp
jjkovojjkovo 05 May 2009 19:07
in discussion Hidden / Per page discussions » 4 26 09

Benjaar grunts…

"We may want to hold off on letting anyone in on our secret until we can figure out who is actually conspiring with the Goblins. Not that I'm accusing anyone of anything, I would just like to gather some more info before we start blabbering about a conspiracy."

Re: Making Camp by jjkovojjkovo, 05 May 2009 19:07

<Olan to the group>
Should I send another message to Lord Markelhay? I'm sure he'd want to know of our progress. Maybe I should also warn him that someone within the city might have been commanding the goblin raiders. In any case, he should be wary of cult activity. The Dragon Queen's followers are notoriously shrewd and miserly.

Re: Making Camp by morganpetemorganpete, 05 May 2009 18:26
Re: Making Camp
Rich GrayRich Gray 05 May 2009 15:33
in discussion Hidden / Per page discussions » 4 26 09

Cassius> "It's been a long day, friends, and I think we all could use a rest. Let us make camp, set the watch, and allow me to tend to our — fortunately — minor injuries. Tomorrow morning we make for Fallcrest."

Turning to Voodoo, Cassius nods and extends an open hand. "If it is your intention to see this through, then I at least welcome your sword. After your performance on the mountain, I think you'll find my companions at least as agreeable."

Re: Making Camp by Rich GrayRich Gray, 05 May 2009 15:33
Making Camp
morganpetemorganpete 04 May 2009 21:48
in discussion Hidden / Per page discussions » 4 26 09

By this time it is well into the evening. The last rays of sunlight drop below the mountains in the west.
Do you wish to camp for the evening or travel the road at night to get back to Fallcrest as soon as possible?
Keep in mind, it took half a day from the road to reach Isti-Zar's hideout, and another day on the road from the city (1.5 days to reach Fallcrest).

Making Camp by morganpetemorganpete, 04 May 2009 21:48
page 1 of 212next »
Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License